Who We Are
The story of Stars Ministries Uganda (SMU) started with our founders’ life-changing American adventure in 2008, while her husband studied his master’s degree at Wheaton College, a Chicago suburb. Her initial schooling in disability ministries occurred at College Church, in Wheaton, where they attended church. This experience instilled in her a desire to reach out to people with disabilities…………..
To release every child and individual with disability to their full potential and to live productive lives
- Dignity: Every person with disabilities deserves to be treated with dignity. We aspire to treat with dignity and challenge others to join us in dignifying all people with disabilities.
- Love: Every person with disabilities deserves love. We aspire to love and challenge others to join us in loving people with disabilities.
- Acceptance: Every person with disabilities deserves acceptance. We aspire to accept and challenge others to join us in accepting people with disabilities.
- Care: Every person with disabilities deserves our utmost care. We aspire to care and challenge others to join us in caring for people with disabilities.
The ministry’ mission is to share the love of Christ by encouraging and supporting people with disabilities and their families.
How to save the world
- Create awareness about the needs of people with disabilities and the need for disability ministries in churches and communities.
- Facilitate the spiritual development of people with disabilities and their caregivers.
- Promote cognitive development of people with disabilities through individualized education, skills development, and play opportunities.
- Promote the physical development of people with disabilities through physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and regular medical assessment.
- Facilitate the mobility of people with disabilities through the provision of wheelchairs.
- Equip caregivers of people with disabilities with knowledge and skills in effective care and support, and livelihood skills.